Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gearing up For 2011...Here we GO!!!

So it's been a LONG time since my last blog, so let's just call this the beginning. 2010 was amazing, I did my first Ironman and managed to qualify on that great day for the Ironman World Championships. This was another great day, so much so that I am now training again for an Ironman in May, this time in Texas in the hopes to get to go back to Hawaii for the second time in as many tries.

The road to 2011 started after a much needed 6 week vacation from training after 70.3 Worlds in November. That race was not what I was looking for as a way to end the season, but I just think back to the awesome day in Hawaii and that tides me over. It really does help to have such good memories to call upon during tough sessions or mornings when sleeping in sounds much better than getting up and heading to the pool!

I am back this year as the captain for Team Pacific Bicycle's womens squad and I couldn't be happier with the shop. Dave (shop owner) and all of the guys are incredibly helpful for any of my bike needs and they keep me looking good all season long on the roads. I am also pleased to announce that I am working with TYR this year, so be on the lookout for my reviews of their products that I am eargerly awating...next week will be like Christmas when I get the package!! Gel Ladder continues to be my product of choice for carrying my nutritional needs on the bike, really what a simple and efficient product! Off the bike, DODOcase keeps my Kindle protected so that I can travel with as many books as I like...check them out!

Training has been going very well and I have even told coach Mark that "I think I can handle a bit more"...to which he responds, let's just continue on the path we're on and see how that goes, OK? Well we will get to see how it goes on April 17th at the season opener The Reservoir Triathlon in San Jose.

Promises to blog more this year and tell stories from the road. Looking for ward to seeing you all out there!

No comments: