Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Made in the USA

"Oh no, is she going to blog about a new sponsor?...Boring!!" But I think this post if far from boring...so you'll just have to bear with me or just look at the pretty pics while I explain why this next move was so important to me.

Mark (the hubs) co-founded a company called DODOcase that makes cases for iPads, iPhones and other Apple products.  ALL of these  products are made in San Francisco, even though it's likely cheaper to get them made overseas.  Likewise, I am incredibly PROUD to be a stakeholder in Coeur Sports, a women's clothing company that is making, designing and sourcing their hot goods right here in the USA as well.  Again, cheaper to do this elsewhere, but it's a core value to us to do it here in California. See a theme developing?

#luckygirl 
This year, I've been blessed with the opportunity to work with Enve Composites for my wheels and bike bits and bobs- sometimes you just can't resist a good 'ol Brit phrase! This company is based in Utah, home of ALL things outdoors.  They make their product in Utah and even ship it with a "made by" card.  I know who made my wheels, so when I'm out there riding my guts out, I'm not going to be worrying about wheel failure.  I'm going to know that the person who made my wheels is cheering me on aboard their hand crafted speed! So are these wheels, the fastest out there?  Yes, are they the best looking?  I sure think so.  But more importantly, they have the same core values that I do as an athlete.

I'm hoping if you have a need, you'll check these guys out.  I know I couldn't be more honored and excited to have their support for my 2014 season.







No comments: