Friday, April 6, 2012

Having Fun with A different Crowd

So I haven't taken any time to write about one of my new adventures as I didn't know if it was going to fit in with my already jam packed schedule, but a few months ago I was approached by a local tri team that Jess and I often ride with to be one of their coaches for the Level 1 group.  The level one group is as you guessed, those folks who have just gotten bitten by the triathlon bug and are starting their adventure down this road.  HA HA we've got you now my pretty, and you can't turn back!  Life chaning events are about to happen here...all for the good.

So I have only "coached" two sessions but so far it is SO fun, and perfect for me as a rest week session.  And last night while running along with a gal she let me know why she runs and does tri...for her son that passed away over a decade ago.  This hit me like a ton of bricks.  I love finding out what motivates people to get out there and toe the line at a race and this was just another reminder of what an amazing community trithlon is. 

I'm looking forward to leading some workouts on a monthly basis, I'll be meeting more people and if asked will love to share some of the lessons that I have learned over the years.  I am by no means an expert, but hopefully I can help a few people enjoy the sport that I love so much.


And while Mark was off at the races, I was enjoying some much needed time with girlfirends and myself!  I buzzed up to SF for a hair appointment and then eneded up wandering on my own grabbing a tamale from our fave SF buritto shop and stumbling along my cool new necklace.  I call it the necklace so cool, you don't have to be a cyclist to wear it.  I swear I found it at a boutique not the cash wrap of your local bike shop. 

I'm pumped that the weather has finally agreed to not rain this weekend and am looking forward to getting OUT on my bike for the first weekend in a month!  Seriously, I need to get some color on this skin before racing in NOLA in 3 weeks time otherwise we are gonna be in for some skin as pale as my kit going in and as crispy as a lobster after the race.  Please sun, come out!







No comments: